Cleaner - Working Alone
Golden Hill Steiner School is an independent Steiner school in Denmark with a positive staff culture. Positioned in a beautiful rural setting, our aim is to provide a high-quality Steiner education for 21st Century learners. To achieve this, the school has a safe and welcoming learning environment that caters for the varying needs, interests and abilities of all students. Students will actively participate in their education to become responsible citizens and lifelong learners.
Golden Hill Steiner School is seeking a motivated and hardworking Cleaner to join our friendly team in the role of Cleaner – Working Alone. In this role, the successful applicant will maintain a clean, safe environment for all students and staff. You will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting and rubbish collection. In addition to this, you will carry out external cleaning duties including the sweeping of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs and other general cleaning duties.
The successful applicant will ideally have effective communication and interpersonal skills and excellent attention to detail. The ability to work independently and use your initiative in order to maintain a clean and safe environment is highly desirable.
Golden Hill Steiner School is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
You are encouraged to contact Jacqui Hollingworth for further information about this employment opportunity by telephoning (08) 9848 1811 or emailing email@example.com.
Your application should include:
1. A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current Line Manager and;
2. A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
• steps you took to clean the room or surface
• products used on each material
• machinery used; and
• action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date and time. Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Employees will be required to:
• Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check and current Police Clearance;
• Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
• Undertake any required OHS training in order to complete job specific tasks.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Friday, 31 December 2021.
WORK TYPE: Part Time
FTE: 0.9 (28-34hrs/week)
LOCATION: Golden Hill Steiner School, Denmark
CLOSING DATE: 4:30 PM, April 8th, 2022
If you are interested in working at our school, please forward your CV to -
Golden Hill Steiner School
PO Box 357,
DENMARK WA 6333
or email to email@example.com